Cream Cheese Swirled Pumpkin Muffins
The current baby I’m cooking up doesn’t seem to have quite as many strange flavor combo ideas for me as the last one (remember?). This one seems to mostly be interested in anything swirled with cheesecake (like these brownies) and basically just anything with a swirl in it period (like this zucchini bread). Actually just a plain solid cheesecake has been haunting my dreams for the last few months, so it’s only a matter of time before I bake one up.
But anyway, you should totally make these muffins. They’re awesome. Enjoy.
- Cream Cheese Swirled Pumpkin Muffins
- Makes 9 muffins
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour (I used this gluten free flour mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- A pinch of nutmeg
- A pinch of cloves
- 1 cup homemade pumpkin puree (or canned pumpkin)
- 2 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1 T sugar
- 1 T sour cream
- Line a muffin tin with 9 liners. Preheat the panggangan to 350ºF.
- Mix together eggs, sugars, oil, and vanilla vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt, soda, powder, and spices. Add to the egg mixture and mix just until combined. Stir in the pumpkin.
- Pour the batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar.
- Make an indent in each muffin with your finger or the end of a wooden spoon. Pour the cream cheese mixture in and then swirl with a toothpick.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once cooled, they should be refrigerated if not eaten right away.