Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Granola
This granola pretty much destroyed that plan
Once I discovered that it was impossible to fry an egg in the morning while this heavenly substance is living in your cupboards, I decided I would have to change my strategy. From now on, no chocolate after dinner.
So I had my sister hide the chocolate chips on the top shelf in the pantry, far out of reach.
The next thing I knew, it was eight o’ clock at night and I was hanging from the top shelf in the pantry. There was the after taste of chocolate in my mouth, so I must have devoured a handful or so of the forbidden substance in my Hulk-like frenzy. Now that I had returned to my senses, I realized where I was. I had no idea how I had gotten up there, but there was no way down but to jump.
So, limping out of the pantry, I decided that I would just have to keep my chocolate consumption to a modest minimum… starting tomorrow.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Granola
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter (smooth is fine too)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup pecans,chopped (or other nuts)
- 1 cup pretzels (lightly crushed)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the panggangan to 250ºF.
- Melt the peanut butter and butter together in the microwave. Stir together with the rest of the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips).
- Spread on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 1 hour, stirring every fifteen minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips and drizzle over the granola. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Serve with milk, yogurt, or just by the handful.
P.S. Feel free to experiment with this recipe. It’s very versatile. You can try cutting down on the sugar or butter, leaving out the nuts, etc. and it will probably still turn out pretty awesome.