Amazing Carrot Cake Loaf With Fluffy Cream Cheese Frosting
So, I’m really not sure how I’m feeling about this pink backdrop. I sort of liked it in that iPhone photo I posted on Instagram, but somehow it looks less good to me on my good camera. Maybe I just need to add a few more layers of paint.
Or maybe I just need to switch my blog to all iPhone photos. What say you?
So anyway, this carrot cake is really delicious and awesome. I was going to make a beautiful three layer round cake and decorate it all fancily. I had great visions. But ain’t nobody got time for that.
So, you get the loaf version. You can make it gluten free. I did. It was good.
What is that blue paint doing on that plate? Well, I guess if you see a blue backdrop coming soon, you won’t be surprised.
- Amazing Carrot Cake Loaf with Fluffy Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour (I used this gluten free all-purpose)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups packed, peeled and finely grated carrots (about 4 big carrots)
- 4 oz cream cheese (half a package)
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat panggangan to 350ºF.
- Mix together eggs, sugars, oil, vanilla, and butter. Add the carrots.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt, soda, powder, and cinnamon. Add to the egg mixture and mix just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 10 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for about 60-65 minutes at 350º. Cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, slightly soften the cream cheese and butter (just so they are soft enough for your mixer to take them on). Beat together until mixed well. Add the vanilla and then 1/2 cup powdered sugar at a time. Refrigerate until the cake is cool. I like to give it one more quick beating before I frost the cake.
- Cut the cooled loaf in half horizontally. Frost the inside with half of the frosting and then put it back together. Frost the top. May top with toasted coconut if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.