The Best Blueberry Muffins Ever Reacipes
The Best Blueberry Muffins Ever
- Makes 8 muffins (or 12 smaller muffins)
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream (you can sub yogurt)
- 1 cup blueberries
- About 1 tablespoon white sugar for the top (optional)
- Preheat panggangan to 375ºF. You may want to lightly grease your muffin tin so that the crown of the muffin doesn’t stick to the pan (I didn’t though). Place eight muffin liners in the pan.
- Combine the sugar, egg, oil, milk, and vanilla in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt. I stir the baking powder and salt into the flour right on top of the wet ingredients so I don’t have to get out another bowl. Once the baking powder and salt are pretty well distributed in the flour, stir them into the wet ingredients until combined. Don’t overmix. Just stir until it’s no longer lumpy.
- Stir in the sour cream just until well distributed. Fold in the blueberries (I left about half for the top so some would be visible on the crown of the muffin).
- Evenly distribute the batter in the muffin tin. If you are making 8 high crowned muffins, you will be filling them all the way to the top. If you want to make shorter muffins you could probably fill 12. If you saved some berries for the top, sprinkle them on and press them in lightly. Sprinkle the tops with the 1 tablespoon of sugar if you want.
- Bake muffins for about 25 minutes. If you’re using frozen berries it will take about 5 minutes longer. Also depending on how many muffins you decided to make, it will also take a shorter time. Just make sure you get them out as soon as a toothpick comes out clean.
- You can also make maybe 3 or 4 giant muffins in a jumbo muffin tin. If you do, bake them at 350ºF for maybe about 40 minutes.
- I like to put them in a sealed container while they’re still warm so the stay really moist. That’s assuming they aren’t eaten right out of the pan though.
P.S. Get the STRAWBERRY version here.