Quick And Easy Basic Quesadillas Recipes
“I have to leave in half an hour,” he said, his stomach growling urgently.
“Well, if I make you something, can I take pictures of it quick so I have something to post?”
“Only if you hurry!”
So I looked in the fridge. The ingredients I had to work with were sparse, but I quickly got to work grating cheese sticks, shredding up the rotisserie chicken my sister had been saving for a pot pie she wanted to make that night, and scouring the fridge for sour cream.
“I’m going to put yogurt on it for the pictures and pretend it’s sour cream,” I said.
“Don’t you dare.”
“Hey, do you know how many centuries ago we opened this salsa? I bet it’s still good,” I said, ignoring him.
“I am not eating that.”
“Red alert. We only half one and a half tortillas,” I said.
“That’s okay, just hurry!”
Well, I did find one small spoonful of sour cream and I snapped a few quick pictures before my bro ran out the door with quesadillas in tow.
Later that night when he returned, he walked in the door, burping contentedly, and said, “Mm, another pleasant reminder of how good those quesadillas were.”
These are kind of rough measurements. I don’t believe in measuring for recipes as simple as this. Just follow your heart and don’t be afraid to add more cheese.
- Quick and Easy Basic Chicken Quesadillas
- About a tablespoon or two of butter
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup of cooked shredded or chopped chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- A few teaspoons of taco seasoning
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, monterey jack, or whatever you’ve got)
- Sour cream, salsa, and cilantro for serving
- Melt half of the butter in a large frying pan and cook the pepper, onion, and garlic until tender. Add the chicken and seasoning and cook until heated through. Place the mixture on one of the tortillas and sprinkle on the cheese. Place the other tortilla on top. Melt the remaining butter in the pan and place the quesadilla in the pan. Cook about two minutes and then flip. Continue cooking until the cheese is melted. Cut into four triangles like a pizza. Serve with sour cream, salsa, and fresh cilantro if desired.