Lentil Stew With Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage Recipes
This is probably one of the last times I’ll ever post before I’m a married woman. If I stick on the demam isu I’ve been on, it really could be the last time I post before I’m married. I haven’t had time to even browse through Pinterest in all this wedding planning chaos, much less sit down to write a post. In fact, this stew you’re looking at is the only thing I have photographed since I got back from Germany in the end of May. The reason I know that is because my pastor made me this awesome new wooden board thingy to use for my photos which he gave me right when I got back, and this is the first time I used it.
- Lentil Stew with Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Half of a package (1 1/2 pounds) of Mozzarella and Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage from Sam’s Club
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup rinsed Brown Lentils
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cream sherry
- 2/3 cup grated swiss cheese
- Slice the sausages into bite sized pieces. Saute the onion and carrot in the oil for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add the sausage and cook until it begins to brown. Add the thyme and marjoram.
- Add the stock, lentils, salt, parsley, and tomatoes and continue cooking for about 45 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Before serving, add the sherry. Serve with swiss cheese.