Homemade Cranberry Cream Cheese Crumble Bars
If there’s one thing that I love as much as sweet potatoes (or dare I say… even more??) it’s cranberries.
That’s why I am totally stealing this old post of mine from 2011 and remaking it. Partly also because those pictures were horrid and partly because I wanted to try them out gluten free because I NEED these bars in my life right now and I hadn’t figured out my gluten duduk kasus way back then when I made up this recipe. So basically I was just unknowingly poisoning myself with every beautiful, wonderful bite I was enjoying.
Anyway, these cranberry bars are perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas. They just taste like holidays for some reason. Juicy, tart cranberries bathing in a creamy blanket surrounded by a chewy crust… what more could you want?
As I said in my old post in 2011, and still stand by … call it a coffee cake and have it for breakfast. Call it an energy kafe and have it for lunch. Call it a casserole and have it for dinner.
I like the way you think 2011 Yammie.
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Crumble Bars
- For the Crust:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used this gluten free oat flour)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- For the Cranberry layer:
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- For the Cream Cheese Layer:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat the panggangan to 375º. Grease an 8×8 inch pan. Mix together all the crust ingredients with a fork or your fingers until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the cranberry layer and spread evenly on top of the crust.
- Mix together all of the ingredients cream cheese layer. Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the cranberries trying to cover all the berries as well as you can. Crumble the rest of the crust on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Keep in the fridge.