Okay, I’m not going to comment on the snow or the -37º temperature because I’m sure your eyeballs have already jumped out of their sockets to escape the annoyingly huge number of weather related posts that you’ve been forced to look at all week.
Well pick those eyeballs up off the floor. You’re gonna need them for this.
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Bites
- 1 cup or 8 oz. chopped baking chocolate (or chocolate chips)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (optional)
- 2-5 bananas (depending on how thin you slice them and how much chocolate you put on each one)
- Sprinkles, melted peanut butter chips, melted white chocolate, chopped nuts, coconut, toffee bits, sea salt, etc. for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Melt the chocolate (and peanut butter if using). If you are using chocolate chips instead of baking chocolate and you are melting them in the microwave, make sure you turn your microwave power down to about 50% and stir ever 30 seconds.
- Slice up the bananas and dip each slice in the melted chocolate with a fork, shaking off the excess. Place on ungreased parchment paper. Sprinkle with any desired topping and freeze in the freezer. Once solid, place in a plastic baggie and keep in the freezer. They keep for about as long as ice cream would keep in the freezer.