Fat Chewy Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
Anyway, even though these didn’t turn out to be as Elvisy as I may have hoped, they did turn out as awesome as I hoped in every other way. If you’ve ever had a banana cookie before, you know they have a tendency to be cakey from the extra moisture added by the bananas. That’s why instead of just adding banana into the recipe, I swapped an egg out for it. Yes, this dough is egg free. That means you won’t get food poisoning when you eat all of the dough before it gets to the oven. It’s same technique I used for my Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, which were a smashing success.
Anyway, if you’ve got overripe bananas that you don’t want to waste, but you are sick of banana bread, these are the cookies for you. Enjoy.
- Fat Chewy Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
- Makes about 10 cookies
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup mashed ripe or overripe banana (about 1 banana)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Granulated sugar for rolling
- Preheat panggangan to 350ºF.
- Mix the peanut butter, butter, and sugar until well combined. Add the vanilla and banana and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Roll into fairly large balls and roll the balls in some sugar. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and press criss cross with a fork. Cookies will spread, so don’t place them too close together.
- Bake about 9-11 minutes.