3 Ingredient Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
Being a mom means that I don’t have all the time in the world for baking that I used to. I spend most of my waking hours playing with, reading to, feeding, squeezing the thighs of and bouncing the curls of my (six month old!!!!!!!) son. But does this mean I am any less worthy of a freshly baked cookie? I think not.
If anything, it makes the duties of cookie making even more pressing and urgent. Thus I bring you these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies.
No, you do NOT have to turn on your oven, you do NOT have to wait for them to bake, you do NOT have to measure a million ingredients, and you do NOT have to share them with your children.
Hm? What? I didn’t say anything.
Seriously though, I don’t have to share any goodies with him yet (thankfully) since he’s only a wee babe yet. He’s more interested in the artisan sourdough bread baked by his father. Seriously, he flails his arms, drools, and pretty much hyperventilates when he sees it until we give him a crust to chew on.
So back to these cookies. They are pretty much the best thing thing ever. You love K-bars, I’m assuming (recipe here if you don’t know what I’m talking about), and these are basically a simplified (and healthier!!) version of those. What’s not to love?
Will anyone complain if you add copious amounts of chocolate, butterscotch, and/or peanut butter chips? Most likely not.
Will the world end if you drizzle them with chocolate? I don’t think so.
Will your husband let you keep them all to yourself if you swap out some of the oats for sweetened flaked coconut? Hopefully.
Will you get some extra fiber with every bite if you add a tablespoon or so of ground flaxseed? Certainly.
Will anyone blame you if you add some chopped Reese’s Cups or Heath Bits? No.
Could you add some texture by swapping out some of the oats for Rice Krispies? I think so.
Are they gluten free? Yes, if you want them to be.
What are you waiting for? Make these immediately. Have a nice day. I know you will.
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- Makes about 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup peanut butter (I like crunchy peanut butter in these!)
- 2 cups quick oats (use these gluten free ones if necessary. Rolled oats would also work.)
- Optional add-ins ideas: vanilla extract, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and/or peanut butter chips, melted chocolate for dipping or drizzling, ground flax seed, coconut flakes, rice krispies, etc. (get creative).
- Set a piece of parchment paper on the counter.
- Combine the honey and peanut butter (and vanilla, if using) in a microwave safe bowl or pot. Cook on the stove or in the microwave until melted. I cooked mine in the microwave for about 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Add the oats and stir to combine. Add any optional add-ins.
- Scoop the mixture by heaping tablespoons onto the parchment. I used this cookie scoop.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired. You can eat them immediately, keep in a cookie jar, or keep in the fridge.